COVID-19 UPDATE – Monday, 2-November: Effective immediate I will not be hosting any of my group classes in village halls and community spaces until the period of new lockdown measures comes to an end. However, my group classes will still continue to take place using Zoom video-conferencing as per the existing class schedule.
The following safety procedures are designed to keep us all safe and healthy for your participation in my classes. They are compiled from the latest government and industry guidelines, and please rest assured that should any of these measures change then I will update you straight away.
While the information below may look daunting or even frightening, I’d like to take the opportunity to say that it is very important that you still ENJOY your Pilates classes. The new normal will be different but I firmly believe that safe Pilates classes can continue to bring you HAPPINESS and PHYSICAL WELLNESS.
Do not come to Pilates classes if you feel at all unwell.
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, please follow the latest government guidelines. Clients must not attend classes if:
- They have ANY Covid-19 symptoms.
- They have been in contact with someone that has been diagnosed with, or has symptoms of, Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- They are currently self-isolating or shielding in line with government guidelines (including returning from foreign travel).
- Clients will not be allowed back to classes for at least 14 days from the onset of symptoms and must be at least 7 days with no symptoms and will require clearance from a medical practitioner before they may return.
If anyone comes to class having any signs of Covid-19, or feeling unwell, they will not be allowed to participate in class.
If you develop symptoms within 7 days of attending a class you must use the NHS Track and Trace system to alert others AND contact Pilates with Claire.
Arriving at class
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before the start of your class, and leave straight afterwards.
- Waiting rooms/areas will not be in use so please remain outside the venue until you are asked to enter.
- Please minimise your contact with touch-points (e.g. door handles). I will open/close room doors for you.
- Please follow social distancing rules in line with current government advice whilst you are at classes. Please do not cluster in groups before/after classes.
- Face coverings are to be worn indoors immediately before and after the class. (The use of a face covering during exercise is optional. See ‘In class’ below).
Handwashing and sanitation
- Please sanitise your hands before you enter and leave your class as a minimum. Hand sanitiser is provided for you to use on entry and exit. Wash stations will vary at locations.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser if you wish to sanitise more frequently during class.
- Please avoid touching your face, nose or eyes as much as possible.
- ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’. Tissues should be disposed of in the bins provided and then sanitise your hands.
Come ready for class
- Please come to class with your workout gear on. Clients should wear something on their feet when moving to and from their mat.
- Please keep personal belongings to a minimum and keep these with you during the class.
- Please keep use of toilet facilities to a minimum. If you do need to use the toilet you must clean all surfaces before and after use using the cleaning materials provided and wash your hands.
- Social distancing applies when using the toilets/sinks and please follow the hygiene notices.
All clients must provide their own equipment. As a minimum, for classes of all levels this should include:
- A mat – Mats which are non-stretch and at least 10mm thick are more suitable for use on hard floors.
- Blocks – We frequently use a 1″ block for behind the head and a 2″ block for sitting on as required. Block substitutes such as a small cushion or folded towel are less ideal but perfectly acceptable.
- A flex resistance band.
- A soft squishy ball – A rolled up towel is also ok.
For Essential+/Intermediate classes and above:
- Resistance loops
- Mats will be set up 2m apart from other mats.
- The use of face coverings for clients during the class is optional (since face coverings do not need to be worn where they could negatively impact upon exercise). Face coverings are not mandatory for instructors.
- Instructors will follow social distancing rules whilst you are in class. Nothing will be passed to/from the instructor to the client – including personal items, water bottles etc.
- Verbal cues will be used in class.
- Where possible, windows and doors will be opened to allow for ventilation. Please bring extra layers if you might need them.
- Instructors will carry out regular cleaning of high- contact touch points between each class (banisters, door handles etc).
Trace and Trace
- Your basic contact details must be up to date and may be provided to the venue managers in support of track-and-trace activities.
- If you develop symptoms within 7 days of attending a class you must use the NHS Track and Trace system to alert others AND contact Pilates with Claire.
Booking, payments and cancellation
- Where possible please pay for classes via bank transfer.
- My cancellation policy will not apply where cancellation is due to your health concerns relating to Covid-19. You will be given class credit for any missed classes which may be used against payment for classes in the following term only. For further details of my cancellation policy please see the FAQ.
Whilst we have mitigated as many risks as possible, there is no such thing as a 100% safe environment.
- Individuals, especially those who feel that they are ‘vulnerable’ must assess the risk for themselves and not attend the class if they do not feel that they are safe to do so.
- Clinically vulnerable individuals, or those continuing to live with anyone deemed clinically vulnerable, should not engage in class environments in line with current government advice.