Pilates With Claire is a small business providing Pilates classes to groups and individuals.
Pilates With Claire protects the information that is held about you. This page provides an overview of my Privacy and Data Protection Policy which has been updated in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective May 2018.
It is my aim that you have a clear understanding regarding what information I retain, how it is used, and that you have given me consent to use and store your data in the way that I do if applicable. If you would like more details please Contact Me.
What information does Pilates With Claire collect, and how is it used?
If you are a customer or a supplier, Pilates With Claire will store and process a variety of information about you in order to provide a professional health and fitness service, and to maintain business accounts and records.
I collect details when you initially contact me with an enquiry. The data collected and processed generally includes:
- Contact information (e.g. name, email address, telephone number, and preferred means of contact (if any) for notification of class schedules and changes)
I also store and process sensitive information about clients including:
- Emergency point of contact, name and telephone number (provided by you via the PAR-Q form that you complete prior to starting any classes with me)
- Details about your physical health and lifestyle (again, provided by you via the PAR-Q form)
- Further data is collected and stored if I perform a postural analysis on you
- You may also choose to volunteer any additional health and fitness information about yourself at any other time in person or via email or text for example.
Additional information that I may hold includes:
- Financial details of suppliers for the fulfilment of contractual obligations
- Financial details of clients limited to payment status only. (Pilates With Claire does not store any credit/debit card or account information of clients)
The data provided to me is used specifically for:
- Providing information to you about my classes and future Pilates programmes
- Providing and personalising the delivery of Pilates classes to meet your specific needs
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
- The fulfilment of contracts
- Tracking business metrics in order to improve my service to you
Data is held securely either in electronic or paper files.
Your right to privacy
I will never share your data with third parties unless I am obliged to do so by law, or for purposes of national security, taxation, criminal investigation, or I have your consent.
Pilates with Claire does not sell or trade a list of its customers.
Pilates With Claire does not transfer any personal information overseas or outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In addition to the above, please note that I do not collect anonymous data information automatically about your visit to my website through cookies.
Would you like more details?
You have the right to see the data I have stored about you. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please Contact Me.
If you’d like to opt-out of receiving emails or text communications from me, or would like to change the way that I contact you (like changing from email to text), please Contact Me.
Data retention and deletion
From May 2018, my policy is to hold your data for as long as you are an active client. This is a requirement for me to provide you with the safe, professional standard of service that you would expect from a health and fitness instructor. When you cease to become a client your personal data will be permanently deleted or destroyed no later than 01-April following a 12 month period of non-participation in my classes.
If you are no longer a client and would like to have your data deleted straightaway then please Contact Me.
Data Capture Information
If you have previously provided me with your contact details and preferences, and would like a reminder of, or would like to change your preferences, please Contact Me at any time.
If you have any concerns or questions about my Privacy and Data Protection Policy, please do not hesitate to Contact Me at any time