New clients are requested to undertake either an introductory one-to-one session, or a full one-to-one Beginner course with me, depending on your level of Pilates experience. Further details and prices can be found on the ‘Classes‘ page of my website. You will also need to complete a new-client PAR-Q form. Your place in a class will only be confirmed once I have received your deposit (for Group Classes) and a completed form. The PAR-Q form enables me to advise on the best classes for you to attend and to tailor my lessons based on your sporting or physical activities and interests or to accommodate any existing injuries or medical conditions that you might have. In some instances, I may recommend that you take advice from your doctor or physiotherapist before commencing a class.
I am not yet qualified to teach prenatal or postnatal classes.
What to wear
Ultimately you want to be comfortable.
Wear comfortable clothing which does not restrict movement. Relatively close fitting clothes will help to me check your alignment but is not a requirement. Be aware that some exercises may cause loose-fitting clothes to gape and move about so you might want to wear a tighter layer underneath e.g. a vest under a loose t-shirt or cycling shorts under loose shorts. Leggings, t-shirts, tracksuit bottoms and shorts are all good options.
Buttons, zips and other embellishments could dig in when performing an exercise and are best avoided – not only are these uncomfortable for you but they can also damage the mats.
Trainers are not worn during the classes. Exercises are done in bare or socked feet – socks with a grip are recommended but not essential.
What to bring
For hygiene reasons clients must now provide all their own equipment. For classes of all abilities this includes:
- A mat – Mats which are non-stretch and at least 10mm thick are more suitable for use on hard floors.
- Blocks – We frequently use a 1″ block for behind the head and a 2″ block for sitting on as required. Block substitutes such as a small cushion or folded towel are less ideal but perfectly acceptable.
- A flex resistance band.
- A soft squishy ball – A rolled up towel is also ok.
For Essential classes and above:
- Prickly stimulating balls – Tennis/hockey balls are acceptable.
- Resistance loops
In addition, you may want to bring a bottle of water and a small towel with you.
Please arrive on-time for your class. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will not be able to join the class and your booking will treated as a late cancellation.
Please be considerate of others in the class and switch your phone off or have it on silent. If you must have your phone on in case of emergency then please reduce the volume of the ring tone or set it to vibrate. Take the opportunity to have a break for an hour.
Online (Zoom) Class Policy
- Pilates With Claire will provide meeting information and passcodes through direct emails to clients to maintain supervision and control over who can access classes.
- The participants video must remain on for the duration of the class and all of the participant should be visible so that they can be instructed accordingly.
- All participants understand that any visual images shared over their video during the class can be seen by all participants and therefore no personal or confidential information should be shared and appropriate conduct should be adhered to at all times.
- Pilates With Claire will be using the ‘Waiting room’ facility on Zoom. The class will open no later than 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the class. Please aim to be ready with your required equipment before the scheduled start time.
- When the class has begun the meeting may be ‘locked’. When the meeting has been locked, no new participants can join even if they have the meeting ID and passcode, so please make sure you have joined the waiting room in plenty of time
- Muting participants or Mute All: I can mute/unmute either individual, or all, participants. All participants will be muted for the duration of the class. You will have the facility to unmute yourself if you have urgent information for the Host but otherwise please avoid doing this so as not to disrupt the flow of the class.
- I may record myself as I instruct the class. Participants video will not be recorded.
- Pilates With Claire does not allow clients to record the classes. These sessions are provided for live participation only.
- Group Chat: All participants understand that any information they disclose during the meeting, either verbal or written, may be heard/seen by all participants and therefore no personal or confidential information should be shared.
Fees and deposits are non-refundable in the event of cancellation less than one week from the start of the term.
Group Classes: Refunds are not given for missed classes but efforts shall be made to offer an alternative place in an appropriate-level class within the same term. This may include the option to join a Zoom class subject to availability.
Zoom Classes: Refunds are not given for missed classes. It may be possible for you to make up your missed class by attending an appropriate-level Group class within the same term. In this instance there will be a charge to the value of the difference in the class cost.
Private Classes: Classes that are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged at the full rate.
This cancellation policy will not apply where cancellation is due to your health concerns relating to Covid-19. You will be given class credit for any missed classes which may be used against payment for classes in the following term only.
In the unlikely event that I have to cancel a session I will do my best to give advance notice and in such instances I will refund you the price of the missed class. Please make sure that I have your contact details should I need to notify you of any cancellations.